May Dance-The annual WMS Spring dance will be held on April 28th from 6:00 PM until 8:30 PM. Tickets will be sold before school and during lunch in April, dates TBA. No tickets will be sold at the door. Requirements for attending the dance are as follows:
- Students must have no more than one day of in-school suspension (ISS) since February 13th.
- Students must not have had any out-of-school suspensions (OSS) since February 13th.
- Students may not have more than thirteen unexcused absences, nor may they have more than fifteen total absences (including excused absences).
- Students may not owe more than $10.00 in debt to the school (for example – lunch debt, library debt, etc…)
Spring Dance Dress Code 2017
Parents/Guardians are expected to monitor and approve clothing according to the following guidelines:
– Knee Length, tea length, and long dresses are permitted. Short skirts or dresses must be no shorter than mid-thigh
– Dresses must have necklines that ensure appropriate coverage of the bust area
– Dresses with side, front, or back slits that extend above mid-thigh are not permitted
– No illusion dresses or backless dresses
– Two piece dresses must have a separation of 4 inches or less
– Presenting a bodily appearance or wearing clothing which is disruptive, provocative, revealing, profane, vulgar, offensive, or obscene, or which endangers the health or safety of the student of others, is prohibited.
School administrators reserve the right to make decisions concerning questionable and inappropriate dance attire. If contacted by school administration, parents may be summoned to school to provide acceptable clothing or pick the student up from the dance.